Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gasp...I've joined the hordes

Yes, I have joined the blogosphere. Not because I think my life is particularly interesting or because I think people are waiting with baited breath to fall upon the pearls of wisdom that fall from my fingers, but because I entertain certain notions of grandeur. For example, I believe I am the one of the greatest, if not the greatest, deal hunters in the world. You want to know how to get 2 for 1 tickets on Fandango? I can tell you. Want to go to Europe but you think our dollar is just too weak? Think again. I can get you there for cheap, and keep you on a budget when you're there! Second, I find cool stuff to do. And I figure, I can't do all of it, so why shouldn't I share my cool-stuff-to-do finding skills with the world wide web? Finally, I like to get on a soapbox once in a while. Blame it on genetics. Oh, I almost forgot. I also have a newly discovered skill as a "hypermiler," although I will humbly admit that I am nowhere near as talented as the true experts.

So today's deal of the day tip will be (combined with a travel tip): Planning a trip? Spend some time surfing fare consolidators, but don't forget Orbitz. I've found some of my best deals on Orbitz with diligent surfing. But snatch the good fare up as soon as you see it, because it will probably be gone the next day. For example, this past February my sister and I went to Switzerland for $500 roundtrip...AND we were in economy plus.

Best mileage/gallon to date: 38.6 mpg

No comments: